Targus Validates DisplayLink® v1.2 for Ubuntu Linux
- Extract the .run file from the .zip file.
- Make the .run file executable by right clicking on the file and choose "Properties". Check the "Allow executing file as a program" box.
- Install the DKMS framework from a Terminal using the command sudo apt-get install dkms
- Execute the DisplayLink .run file using the Terminal, by cding to the directory containing the .run file and running the command sudo ./displaylink-driver-1.2.58.run (where xxxx is the version number)
- The DisplayLink software should install as shown below.
- You can now connect and may need to reconnect your DisplayLink products to the computer.