Targus Validates DisplayLink® v1.2 for Ubuntu Linux
This release has been prepared to be compatible with Ubuntu 14.04.x LTS and 16.04 LTS. Other variants and editions may be compatible if they meet minimum O/S requirements but are not supported. The full release notes are available. We have validated this version with Targus Universal Docking Stations (UDS). Upgrade Instructions Uninstall the current Display Link Ubuntu driver with the following command on a Terminal and then follow the Installation Instructions below.
Display Link-installer uninstall-Installation Instructions
- Extract the .run file from the .zip file.
- Make the .run file executable by right-clicking on the file and choose "Properties". Check the "Allow executing the file as a program" box.
- Install the DKMS framework from a Terminal using the command sudo apt-get install dkms
- Execute the Display Link .run file using the Terminal, by coding to the directory containing the .run file and running the command sudo ./displaylink-driver-1.2.58.run (where xxxx is the version number)
- The DisplayLink software should install as shown below.
- You can now connect and may need to reconnect your DisplayLink products to the computer.