Enabling mobile workers to perform at their best
Our Mission: Ignite the Potential of Dreamersd,fds and Leaders
Technology is evolving at a crazy pace – yet one thing that’s remained constant is the inherent need to carry, connect, and protect it all. Regardless of which technologies come and go, Targus helps you seamlessly integrate tech into your lives to provide you with everything you need to live, dream, and do.
Our insight-driven approach, global reach, and commitment to quality ensures we have the skills and experience to meet your performance, style, and protection needs – whether you’re a large enterprise, a small business, or an individual who needs to get work done.
CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE
For forty years, Targus has been implementing purposeful solutions to provide you with the tools you need to succeed. Our mission drives us, our passion fuels us, and our customers make us everyday, inspired.
We design our cases with protection in mind. We conduct military-grade drop testing on our tablet cases and offer both field-ready and rugged solutions. All our laptop bags have dedicated laptop compartments to ensure that your device gets to your destination safely. Our docking stations with Ethernet connections offer additional internal network security for confidential documents and more.
See which items Targus fans love the most
- The year it all began. Targus is formed in Barnes, London by Neil Bruce-Copp.
- Our very first invoice is raised for £2098.25!
- Targus begins partnership with computer OEM’s, including IBM.
- Targus grows and takes on new customers like Canon and Apple.
- Targus launches its first laptop case with 250-unit Toshiba order for T3100L laptop cases.
- Targus moves to London House in Richmond.
- Targus US and Canada offices open.
- Targus Australia opens.
- Targus opens office in South Africa.
- Targus US opens doors to retail Business-To-Consumer.
- Targus wins The Queen’s Award for Export Achievement.
- Targus begins outsourcing to China – then a relatively untapped source of high quality suppliers.
- Targus opens office in Taipei, Germany, France, and Holland.
- Targus Hong Kong office opens.
- Targus becomes known as Targus Group International, Inc.
- Targus acquires PORT, expanding product line, and introduces innovative SafePort Sling protection system and DEFCON security line.
- Targus LATAM office opens.
- Targus re-brands itself to reflect new innovative and stylish designs.
- Anaheim Headquarters opens.
- CN01 is named the best-selling laptop case in the world.
- Targus celebrates 20 years.
- Targus launches its first Docking Station!
- Targus sells its first Bluetooth mouse.
- SafePort Air Protection System developed.
- Targus makes its first foray into the mobile device market with range of accessories designed specifically for iPod.
- The CityGear range is launched.
- Targus introduces a new brand and new logo.
- All new Dome Protection System launched.
- The Global Sourcing Group is introduced in China.
- Targus launches privacy screens.
- Targus celebrates 25 years of mobile solutions.
- Targus launches EcoSmart®- an environmentally friendly line of bags made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Targus earns accolades as #1 Best-Selling Laptop Accessories and Cases from the NPD Group.
- Contemporary new branding released with a new company tag-line: Designed for Life. Yours.
- Targus earns honor of #1 Best-Selling Notebook Power Adapter and #1 Maker of Presentation Devices from NPD Group.
- Targus enters the Tablet and E-Reader market after the unprecedented success of the iPad.
- Targus introduces VersaVu™ case with 360º rotating design.
- Targus becomes a Samsung Mobile Accessories Partner.
- Targus secures patent for its checkpoint-friendly design on cases.
- Targus acquires leather smartphone and tablet case company, SENA Cases.
- Targus becomes a Google partner.
- Targus becomes a Microsoft ‘Designed for Surface’ partner.
- Targus gains dominance in the tablet case market with patented Multi-Gen tray solution.
- Targus launches the VersaLink™ Universal Travel Dock.
- Targus announces it works with 90% of Fortune 1000 companies and is the case manufacturer for eight of the world’s top ten laptop computer OEM’s.
- Targus announces itself as the #1 stylus brand in the US.
- Targus wins CES Innovation Award for the Mobile ViP Backpack.
- Targus and DisplayLink® announce world’s first Dual 4K Docking Station.
- Targus wins Green Good Design Award for the 15.6” Balance™ EcoSmart® Backpack.
- Launches Targus California premium brand with the Newport Collection.
- Targus has #1 Selling Tablet Case in the US.
- Targus introduces its revolutionary IoT-enabled docking station, MiraLogic™ at CES 2019, and launches the first Qi-enabled wireless charging backpack.
- Targus secures additional accolades at CES 2020, earning CES Innovation Awards for two groundbreaking docking stations DOCK570, the world’s first quad 4K docking station and MiraLogic Workspace Intelligence System.
- Targus releases its first EcoSmart tablet case, marking the expansion of EcoSmart outside of the bag category
- CES Innovation Award Winner 2022 for the Cypress Hero EcoSmart® Backpack with Apple® Find My™ Technology
- CES Innovation Award Winner 2023 for the Targus® Energy Harvesting EcoSmart™ Keyboard
- Targus releases its first ever Sustainability Report, aimed at communicating their sustainability actions as a business and setting out a roadmap for the future
- Targus celebrates its 40th Anniversary.
IN THE PRESS
Find out what we’ve been up to — from the launch of our latest carrying cases and tech accessories to research we’ve published. We’re breaking news on Targus happenings in the Press Room so that you’re in the know.
1211 N Miller St.
Anaheim, CA 92806
Tel. (714) 765-5555
Fax. (714) 765-5599