Targus Releases AV Configuration Utility Version 2.02.011
Targus has finished engineering testing of the Targus AV Configuration Utility version 2.02.011 adding support for the Targus docking stations models DOCK410, DOCK180 and DOCK190, as well as adding a swap monitor position feature.
Current users can right click on the task tray icon and select “Check for updates” to update their current version, if enabled by their IT department.
Alternatively, it can be downloaded here. The utility is also deployable with various options via Group Policy tools as described in the accompanying Targus Audio Video Configuration Utility Installation and User Guide.
What It Does
The Targus AV Configuration Utility provides:
- Windows Display virtual arrangement of external displays based on the actual physical connection of the display monitor cables connected to the Targus docking station.
- Automatic virtual arrangement of single and dual external displays during installation or deployment.
- Automatic, and manual option, Icon position saving to capturing the desktop icon positions and restore these positions during disconnecting/reconnecting a Targus docking station.
- Automatic restoration of first level application window locations, restoring them to external monitors when redocking (e.g. returning after a meeting).
- Enabling or disabling the Targus audio device for use by the Windows OS as the default Windows audio playback/recording device.
- Enabling and disabling the option for users to swap external monitor positions, for use where docks were not cabled to monitors in a consistent and compatible orientation.
Problems the Software Solves
The Targus AV Configuration Utility is a composite of solutions that address the limitations of the Windows OS in agile environments, and the varying skill levels of Enterprise computer users. Whether connecting displays and peripheral audio devices, directly to the computer, or via a docking station, these limitations exist.
The Targus AV Configuration Utility is configured to work with the following Targus Universal Docking Station (UDS) models: ACP71, ACP77, DOCK110, DOCK120, DOCK130, DOCK150, DOCK160, DOCK171, DOCK177, DOCK180 and DOCK190 using DisplayLink version 8.6.1204.0 (8.6M0) and version 9.1.1462.0 (9.1M0) obtained from the Targus support sites.
Other versions of the DisplayLink software may also work but may not operate as expected, including the same versions when downloaded from the DisplayLink website.The Targus AV Configuration Utility is also configured to work with the following Targus USB Type-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode docking station models: DOCK410, DOCK411 and DOCK412. DisplayPort Alt Mode docking stations using Native OS and hardware drivers may have limited functionality, and we do not recommend the use of Desktop Icon Management at this time. If you find a DOCK410 that consistently configures dual monitors back to front, swap the video cable positions for that specific dock, or invoke the swap external monitor positions function.