You work hard and we know it. At Targus, we spend hundreds of hours a year learning about how people work, where they work, and what they need to perform at their best.
With a heritage rooted in the mobility of on-the-go-professionals, we strive to advance the mobile accessories category with cutting-edge, quality-made, productivity-boosting solutions — carrying cases, tech accessories, and peripherals — that enable an ever-changing workforce to perform at their best anytime, anywhere.
Since our founding in 1983 with the debut of the original laptop bag, we’ve grown to become a global brand — with 45 offices worldwide and direct distribution in more than 100 countries — that supports large enterprises and end users alike.
Targus. Everywhere You Work.
- The year it all began. Targus is formed in Barnes, London by Neil Bruce-Copp.
- Our very first invoice is raised for £2098.25!
- Targus begins partnership with computer OEM’s, including IBM.
- Targus grows and takes on new customers like Canon and Apple.
- Targus launches its first laptop case with 250-unit Toshiba order for T3100L laptop cases.
- Targus moves to London House in Richmond.
- Targus US and Canada offices open.
- Targus Australia opens.
- Targus opens office in South Africa.
- Targus US opens doors to retail Business-To-Consumer.
- Targus wins The Queen’s Award for Export Achievement.
- Targus begins outsourcing to China – then a relatively untapped source of high quality suppliers.
- Targus opens office in Taipei, Germany, France, and Holland.
- Targus Hong Kong office opens.
- Targus becomes known as Targus Group International, Inc.
- Targus acquires PORT, expanding product line, and introduces innovative SafePort Sling protection system and DEFCON security line.
- Targus LATAM office opens.
- Targus re-brands itself to reflect new innovative and stylish designs.
- Anaheim Headquarters opens.
- CN01 is named the best-selling laptop case in the world.
- Targus celebrates 20 years.
- Targus becomes a Microsoft ‘Designed for Surface’ partner.
- Targus launches its first Docking Station!
- Targus sells its first Bluetooth mouse.
- SafePort Air Protection System developed.
- Targus makes its first foray into the mobile device market with range of accessories designed specifically for iPod.
- The CityGear range is launched.
- Targus introduces a new brand and new logo.
- All new Dome Protection System launched.
- The Global Sourcing Group is introduced in China.
- Targus launches privacy screens.
- Targus celebrates 25 years of mobile solutions.
- Targus launches EcoSmart®- an environmentally friendly line of bags made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Targus earns accolades as #1 Best-Selling Laptop Accessories and Cases from the NPD Group.
- Contemporary new branding released with a new company tag-line: Designed for Life. Yours.
- Targus earns honor of #1 Best-Selling Notebook Power Adapter and #1 Maker of Presentation Devices from NPD Group.
- Targus enters the Tablet and E-Reader market after the unprecedented success of the iPad.
- Targus introduces VersaVu™ case with 360º rotating design.
- Targus becomes a Samsung Mobile Accessories Partner.
- Targus secures patent for its checkpoint-friendly design on cases.
- Targus acquires leather smartphone and tablet case company, SENA Cases.
- Targus becomes a Google partner.
- Targus gains dominance in the tablet case market with patented Multi-Gen tray solution.
- Targus launches the VersaLink™ Universal Travel Dock.
- Targus announces it works with 90% of Fortune 1000 companies and is the case manufacturer for eight of the world’s top ten laptop computer OEM’s.
- Targus announces itself as the #1 stylus brand in the US.
- Targus wins CES Innovation Award for the Mobile ViP Backpack.
- Targus and DisplayLink® announce world’s first Dual 4K Docking Station.
- Targus wins Green Good Design Award for the 15.6” Balance™ EcoSmart® Backpack.
- Launches Targus California premium brand with the Newport Collection.
- Targus has #1 Selling Tablet Case in the US.
In the Press
Find out what we’ve been up to — from the launch of our latest carrying cases and tech accessories to research we’ve published. We’re breaking news on Targus happenings in the Press Room so that you’re in the know.Visit the Press Room
Careers - Work for the mobile computing leader
Patents - View the full list of Targus patents
Product Registration - Fast and easy registration for your mobile product
International - Browse our international sites
1211 N Miller St.
Anaheim, CA 92806
Tel. (714) 765-5555
Fax. (714) 765-5599
For customer service, please visit our Support Site.