ANAHEIM – February 2, 2022 – Targus®, a leader in laptop cases and mobile computing accessories, announced it has added a new Antimicrobial Active Stylus for iPad® to its collection of antimicrobial tech accessories, designed to create a cleaner and more productive workspace. It offers iPad users a comfortable and precise writing and notetaking experience, with the additional benefit of antimicrobial protection to prevent contamination from germ-causing bacteria on the surface.
“Keeping personal tech and workspaces clean is extremely challenging, especially for mobile users who are regularly exposing their devices to bacteria as they carry and use them, whether in the office, classroom, or café,” said David Dorantes, product marketing director, Targus. “Our new Antimicrobial Active Stylus for iPad is an example of Targus’ continued commitment to deliver solutions to the market that address the wellbeing and safety needs of our customers.”
Targus’ Antimicrobial Active Stylus for iPad (AMM174AMGL) is the perfect accessory to get work done on an iPad tablet. Its durable POM tip offers a natural pen-like experience, allowing users to write and draw accurately and comfortably. It requires no drivers or Bluetooth® connection to function. Simply touch the stylus to activate — or leave idle for five minutes to trigger its power-saving Sleep Mode. Charge for 90 minutes and enjoy 10 hours of continuous working and 90 days standby time.
For additional wellbeing and peace-of-mind, the stylus features Targus’ DefenseGuard™ Antimicrobial Protection, an infused protective finish in the material that creates a cleaner surface and continuously protects the stylus from bacterial contamination for its lifetime.
Product Features and Specifications
• Infused with DefenseGuard Antimicrobial Protection
• 1.2 mm fine point POM tip, provides pixel precision with tilt shading
• Touch-activated — no driver or Bluetooth connection needed
• Magnetic design makes it easy to store
• Palm rejection allows you to rest your palm on the screen without causing interference
• Auto-sleep function after 5 minutes of idle time
• Long-lasting battery supports 10 hours of continuous working and 90 days standby time
• USB-C charging cable included
• One replacement tip/nib included
• Compatible with iPads launched in 2018 to current models (iOS 12.2 or above)
• Limited one-year warranty
Retailing for $69.99, the Active Stylus for iPad with Antimicrobial DefenseGuard is now available for sale at us.targus.com and through participating retailers.