DisplayLink Manager Release 1.2
DisplayLink announced the 1.2 Release for MacBook is available on their website here. This release is for macOS 10.15 Catalina and macOS 11 Big Sur. It also supports multiple monitors using the Apple M1 chip. Targus has not fully validated this release buy plans to in the coming weeks.
Changes from Release 1.1
- Introducing support for Mac using the Apple M1 chip
- Dual 5K Ultrawide (5120x1440 @ 60 Hz) displays now supported on DisplayLink DL-6950 products
- Create technical support requests directly from the application
- Improved stability and reliability
- Monitors light-up quicker after login (32264)
- Fixed stretched image on some monitors (32531)
- Monitor preferred mode is now selected first (32531)
- Added deployment setting option to simplify user startup experience (https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1960495)
- Improved application architecture
The full release notes are available here.
- Protected content from iTunes and other players is not visible on built-in graphics when DisplayLink screens are connected.
- The list of available resolutions and the default resolution for 4K displays depends on the type of connection (HDMI or DisplayPort). To see a more complete list of resolutions follow these steps:
- – Open the Displays preference in System Preferences
- – Go to the preferences panel for the DisplayLink screen
- – While keeping the option (alt) key pressed, select the "Scaled" option for the list of resolutions.
- Manual Ethernet speed setting is not retained across reboots.
Know Issues and Limitations
- An updated list of troubleshooting suggestions is available at http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/topics/80209-troubleshooting-macos
- No support for rotated DisplayLink screens in macOS Catalina 10.15.x
- No support for clamshell mode with DisplayLink screen connected
- Some HiDPI mode are not available on DisplayLink screens (29526)
- Screen rotation on Mac with Apple M1 chip is not supported on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
This version has been not been validated by Targus. Targus plans to validate this version of DisplayLink software with a minimal set of Targus Universal Docking Stations (UDS) but it should work with any Targus Universal Docking Stations models ACP7XX, DOCK310, and DOCK1XX.