Targus Validates DisplayLink 10.1M0 Software and Drivers Update
Targus has validated the Synaptics DisplayLink version 10.1M0 software and drivers for all DisplayLink based Targus Universal Docking Stations models DOCK1XX, DOCK3XX, and DOCK5XX for Windows 10.
The 10.1M0 release is available from Targus Driver Support and should be available from Windows Update soon after this post. Enterprise customers may also download the corporate version INF/MSI files from the associated Targus.com product pages through the Driver tab at this download portal.
The associated dock device drivers may show in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Device Manager as:
- Network adapters: Targus Ethernet as 10.1.1081.0
- Sound, video, and game controllers: Targus Audio 10.1.1081.0
- Display adapters (Windows 10): Targus Docking Station (varies) as 10.1.2652.0
Several new features are included in the DisplayLink software release 10.1M0 including:
- Improves 4K video playback and video conferencing performance when system resources are taxed.
- General stability updates and bug fixes
- SHA-256 driver signature hashing. SHA1 has been deprecated
- Devices with mass storage or auto-install are not supported by Windows 10 UMDF USB driver DisplayLink uses
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update sets the wrong preferred mode 9124025
- It may be necessary to continue using the Synaptics DisplayLink version 9.3M2 software and drivers with the Targus docking Station Utilities. We will update this post if validation of the utilities completes successfully.
Validation with Targus Universal Docking Station Utilities
Version 10.1M0 has not yet been put through a full validation with all applicable Targus Utilities and not every Targus Utility has been validated with every Targus Universal Docking Station on every Windows build or platform.
Please contact your Targus representative or DocKtor for further support or information.