Targus Validates DisplayLink 10.2M2 Software & Drivers Update
Targus has validated the Synaptics DisplayLink version 10.2M2 software and drivers for all DisplayLink-based Targus Universal Docking Station models DOCK1XX, DOCK3XX, and DOCK5XX for Windows 10 and Windows 11.
The 10.2M2 release is available from Targus Driver Support and should be available from Windows Update soon after this post. Enterprise customers may also download the corporate version INF/MSI files from the associated targus.com product pages through the Driver tab at this portal.
Driver VersionsThe associated dock device drivers may show in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Device Manager as:
- Network adapters: Targus Ethernet as 10.2.6854.0
- Sound, video, and game controllers: Targus Audio 10.2.6554.0
- Display adapters (Windows 10): Targus Docking Station (varies) as 10.2.6943.0
Latest ImprovementsSeveral new features are included in the DisplayLink software release 10.2M2 including:
- Windows 10/11 and DL-6000 series: adding modern standby on Ethernet interface
- Addresses latent monitor rendering upon host disconnect due to GOP enabled BIOS
- General stability updates and bug fixes
Changes in 10.2 M1 release (10.2.6841)
- On very first use after install/upgrade/downgrade, the dock could need one USB replug before showing displays
Changes in 10.2 M0 release (10.2.6709)
- DL-6xxx: first release to enable RTL8211FD-VX and RTL8211E Ethernet PHY (WS1597)
- DL-6xxx: Ethernet could sometimes be disconnected for 1-2s when re-plugging a DisplayPort cable (VIFR504, VIFR731)
- Power plan adjustments in installer (EXE & MSI) for USB HC reliability
Changes in 10.1 M2 release (10.1.2875.0)
- Added Windows 11 support. AMD64/ARM64 drivers are Windows 11 certified (WHCP/WHQL)
- DisplayLink Manager universal app is now offered for free installation from the Microsoft Store to replace old system tray icon (on generic setup.exe only)
- DL-6xxx: dragging Netflix across monitor edge could have caused monitor to blink (33037)
- DL-6xxx: improved monitor interoperability (Dell U3421WE, P2721Q, U4919DW & 5K) (32924, 32942, 33061)
The full release notes are here.
Validation with Targus Universal Docking Station Utilities
Version 10.2M2 has been put through an extensive validation with all applicable Targus Utilities, but not every Targus Utility has been validated with every Targus universal docking station on every Windows 10 or 11 build or platform.
Please contact your Targus representative or DocKtor for further support or information.
US Website: http://targus.com/us/support
Canada Website: http://www.targus.com/ca/support
Australia Website: http://www.targus.com/au/support
Email: email@example.com, Telephone: 1800-641-645
New Zealand Telephone: 0800-633-222
Latin America Email: firstname.lastname@example.org