Update the site content
Guide to updating Targus's website content
Update Targus homepage
Online store > Themes > Current Theme > Customize.
This will open all the edit panels for the site.
- At the top of the customize panel. Choose from the drop-down which page you want to edit.
- You will have the homepage as a default .
Update the Video Header
Expand the Header tab in the right side. You will find option "Video & Image Slide.
This option will have video for big screen and image for small screen
To activate it:
- Click the eyeball icon to unhide the Video section. See the image below:
- Update the left side panel for the video option.
- The video should be mp4.
- The small screen won't have a video. It will have a static banner to update this:
Add "Image Slide" from the right side and go to the left side and fill it.
- Mobile Image 500*500 wider.
- Press save in the top to publish in the live site.
Update the header slideshow
Expand the Header tab in the right side. Header > Slideshow.
- Press the slideshow's eye icon to unhide this section.
- Add a new slide and go to the left side to enter the required info.
- You will need to upload two banner.
- 1920*800 size for desktop.
- 500*500 wider for mobile (if you didn't upload the mobile one. The small screen won't have any image for small devices).
Update any section in the homepage/other pages
- Go to the section that you want to update into the right side.
- Hide or unhide based on you need by click the eyeball next to the section.
- Go to the left side for that section and enter the required info.
Add a new section in the homepage
- Go to the very bottom in the right side immediately before the "Footer" and click "Add section".
- You will see the list of all available option.
- Choose the option you want.
- Move it to any order you want in the page
- Fill out the info required in the left side when you press this section
To update a "Navigation" go to Online store > Navigation > Primary menu.
From there you can add a new menu item and enter the menu name and the URL or edits existing one.
Create a Standard Landing Page within Shogun
- Go to this page https://us.targus.com/pages/style-guide Than Shogun section.
- Follow the steps in this section.
AP site - Update Download Product Spec.
- Go to Apps > SuperFields by Maestrooo > Edit metafields > Products.
- Choose the product you want > Edit metafields.
- Scroll down to the Product Specs section.
- Enable Download spec. Button.
- Add Download PDF URL.
Add Image to the nav (dropdown menu)
Go to Online store > Themes > Current Theme > Customize > Header
- Under the Header choose to Add block > MegaMenu
- Fill the right side
- Fill the Mega Menu Parent link with Menu Parent name such as (Product, Collection, Devices..etc)
- Add the details for the item in the submenu.
- Add the details of the submenu Mega Menu link is the name of the first item in the menu and the submenu of it. with - in between
- Mega Menu link
- Add Image to Feature Menu Image 500*500 and optimized
- Check to mark the enable or Disable Image/Content
- Add The image's Title to the Title text field
- Add an Image's link to the Link URL text field
- Add Link text
Add a Countdown timer
Go to Online store > Themes > Current Theme > Customize > Announcement bar
- Under Announcement bar choose to Add block > Countdown
- Fill in the info on the right side
- Add Start Date (mm dd yyyy hh:mm)
- Add End Date (mm dd yyyy hh:mm)
- Add a text at the left of the counter by filling in this text field Count Down Details (Left)
- Add a text at the right of the counter by filling this text field Count Down Details (right)
- You will be able to adjust the color and the font
Please remove any App you use for Countdown and Use this section instead to help site performance
- You can hide or display any section by press the eye icon next to the section.
- You can't have video and slideshow at the same time for the header.
- For Targus Style guide. Check this page for Standard style guide and image sizes.
- Use this Ticketing System for website enhancements, repairs of breaks/fixes on the website, and other web related requests.
- All Update will be live once you save it.