Targus Validates DisplayLink Manager Graphics Connectivity Release 1.4 for Big Sur, Catalina, and M1 MacBooks
Targus has validated the new DisplayLink Manager Graphics Connectivity Release 1.4 for macOS Big Sur and Catalina MacBooks including M1 based Macbooks. The release is available online for Targus Truly Universal Docking Stations.
Targus validated Release 1.4 with Targus Media Access Control (MAC) Address Clone Docking Station Utility (TMAC) and it will function with any Targus Universal Docking Stations models DOCK1XX, DOCK3XX and DOCK5XX.
Before updating to this release, Targus recommends updating Big Sur as explained in our blog post titled USB-C Dock: Don’t Brick My MacBook®!
- Protected content from iTunes and other players is not visible on built-in graphics when DisplayLink screens are connected.
- The list of available resolutions and the default resolution for 4K displays depends on the type of connection (HDMI or DisplayPort). To see a more complete list of resolutions follow these steps: - Open the Displays preference in System Preferences - Go to the preferences panel for the DisplayLink screen - While keeping the option (alt) key pressed, select the "Scaled" option for the list of resolutions.
- Manual Ethernet speed setting is not retained across reboots.
Know Issues and Limitations
- An updated list of troubleshooting suggestions is available at http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/topics/80209-troubleshooting-macos
- No support for rotated DisplayLink screens in macOS Catalina 10.15.x
- No support for clamshell mode with DisplayLink screen connected
Full Release Notes are available here.
Changes in 1.4 release
- Improved rotated-screen performance (32926)
- Added notarization to the Login Screen Extension uninstaller, removing security warning during removal
- Added a welcome page to the support ticket creation wizard
- Fix for missing cinema/DCI 4K (4096x2160) resolution on Apple M1 computers
- Fixed issue with erroneously showing clone mode when extended is set
- DisplayLink Manager will start automatically after installation and updates
Changes in 1.3 release
- Added native support for Mac using the Apple M1 chip with new universal binary
- Added Retina resolutions on 4K displays
- Addressed tearing detected in some high load cases
Changes in 1.2 release
- Introducing support for Mac using the Apple M1 chip
- Dual 5K Ultrawide (5120x1440 @ 60 Hz) displays now supported on DisplayLink DL-6950 products
- Create technical support requests directly from the application
- Improved stability and reliability
- Monitors light-up quicker after login (32264)
- Fixed stretched image on some monitors (32531)
- Monitor preferred mode is now selected first (32531)
- Added command line option to enable autostart of the application
- Improved application architecture
Changes in 1.1 release
- Improved graphical user interface
- Application is starting on macOS Big Sur 11.0 beta
- Displays are added or removed without delay
- Screen rotation is now available in macOS 11.0 Big Sur Public Beta.
- User will be prompted to uninstall legacy drivers if detected.
Changes in 1.0 release
- Occasional black DisplayLink connected screens caused by a state change (e.g. user switch or login/logout)
- User is sometimes logged out when dock is plugged in
- WindowServer memory usage increases after DisplayLink dock replug