Targus Validates DisplayLink Manager Graphics Connectivity Release 1.6 for Monterey 12 and Big Sur 11 Including M1 MacBooks
Targus has validated the new DisplayLink Manager Graphics Connectivity Release 1.6 for macOS Monterey 12 and Big Sur 11 including M1 based Macbooks. The release is available online for Targus Truly Universal Docking Stations.
Targus validated Release 1.6 with Targus Media Access Control (MAC) Address Clone Docking Station Utility (TMAC) and it will function with any Targus Universal Docking Stations models DOCK1XX, DOCK3XX and DOCK5XX.
Before updating to this release, Targus recommends updating Big Sur as explained in our blog post titled USB-C Dock: Don’t Brick My MacBook®!
- Protected content from iTunes and other players is not visible on built-in graphics when DisplayLink screens are connected.
- Manual Ethernet speed setting is not retained across reboots.
- The list of available resolutions and the default resolution for 4K displays depends on the type of connection (HDMI or DisplayPort).
To see a more complete list of resolutions follow these steps:
- Open the Displays preference in System Preferences
- Go to the preferences panel for the DisplayLink screen
- While keeping the option (alt) key pressed, select the "Scaled" option for the list of resolutions.
Know Issues and Limitations
- An updated list of troubleshooting suggestions is available at the Displaylink Knowledge Base
- It is not possible to unlock the MacBook via Apple Watch when screen saver is running/enabled
- Some resolutions, especially HiDPI/ Retina ones, may be missing on Apple M1 based Macs (29526)
Full Release Notes
Changes in 1.6 release
- Enabling display rotation via DisplayLink Manager user interface on Apple M1 computers running macOS Monterey 12
- DL-41xx: improved firmware flashing time, visible from following update onwards
- DL-6xxx: adding RTL8211FD-VX and RTL8211E Ethernet PHYs (WS1597)
- Since 1.6 Beta with Apple M1, improved handling rotation of monitors with identical serial number and name (PS1447)
- Since 1.6 Beta with Apple M1, improved red monitor outline behaviour (PS1438)Beta: Apple Watch unlock when resuming displays from sleep (33190)
Changes in 1.5 release
- Introducing additional inferred resolutions on 4K monitors: 2560x1440 and 3008x1692 on Intel based Macs
- Beta: Apple Watch unlock when resuming displays from sleep (33190)
- Fixed monitors power save mode issue on macOS Monterey 12 beta (33198)
- Improved memory management on rotated screen (33179)
- Improved rotated monitor performance on dual GPU machines (33072)
- DL-41xx: improved firmware flashing experience which could hang in some products (33060)
- Fixed app crashes at startup (33222)Added notarization to the Login Screen Extension uninstaller, removing security warning during removal
Changes in 1.4 release
- Improved rotated-screen performance (32926)
- Added notarization to the Login Screen Extension uninstaller, removing security warning during removal
- Added a welcome page to the support ticket creation wizard
- Fix for missing cinema/DCI 4K (4096x2160) resolution on Apple M1 computers
- Fixed issue with erroneously showing clone mode when extended is set
- DisplayLink Manager will start automatically after installation and updates
Please contact your Targus representative or DocKtor for further support or information.
US Website: http://targus.com/us/support
Canada Website: http://www.targus.com/ca/support
New Zealand Telephone: 0800-633-222
Latin America Email: email@example.com