Targus Releases MAC Address Clone Utility Version 1.01.024
Targus has finished engineering testing of the Targus MAC Address Clone Utility version 1.01.024 supporting the newly announced DOCK520. It is necessary to update from version 1.01.023 to version 1.01.024 to use the Targus MAC Address Clone Utility with the DOCK520.
Current users can also right click on the task tray icon and select “Check for updates” to update their current version if enabled by their IT department.
Alternatively, it can be downloaded here.
What It Does
The Targus MAC Address Clone Utility was developed for security conscious enterprise customers to use in their environment. Please contact your Targus DocKtor or Targus sales representative to learn more.
The Targus Clone MAC Address Utility is configured to work with Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10. It runs as a service which automatically replaces (spoofs, clones) a MAC address of any connected Targus Giga Ethernet network adapter with the MAC address of one of the built-in (Wired Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet, Bluetooth) network adapters from a Windows PC. The Targus Clone MAC Address Utility ensures selective access to network resources restricted by MAC address filtering. This functionality seeks to further preventing unauthorized access by devices not in the sanctioned network access list which are to be screened out or otherwise would gain network access via the Targus Docking Station network adapter.
Problems the software solves
- Prevents unauthorized users from accessing the corporate network through the Gigabit Ethernet adapter on Targus Universal Docks.
- Network access can be restricted based on the MAC address of authorized devices.
- Cloning the MAC address on the Targus Docking Station with that of the connected PC ensures only authorized devices can connect to the network.
- If the MAC address of the connected device is not on the Access Control List or Whitelist, then it will not be allowed onto the network.
- Enables organizations to enforce existing security controls while still realizing productivity/efficiency gains from using Targus docking stations.
Release NotesThis version adds support for Targus’ latest Universal and Type-C Alternate Mode docking stations including:
ACP70, ACP71, ACP076, ACP77, DOCK110, DOCK120, DOCK130, DOCK150, DOCK160, DOCK171, DOCK177, DOCK180, DOCK190, DOCK220, DOCK410, DOCK411, DOCK412, and DOCK520.