Targus Validates DisplayLink 11.2M0 Software & Drivers Update
Targus has validated the Synaptics DisplayLink version 11.2M0 software and drivers for all DisplayLink-based Targus Universal and Hybrid Docking Station models DOCK1XX, DOCK3XX, DOCK5XX, and DOCK7XX for Windows 10/11 for X64 and ARM64 processors.
The 10.2M0 release is available from Targus Driver Support and should be available from Windows Update soon after this post. Enterprise customers may also download the corporate version INF/MSI files from the associated targus.com product pages through the Driver tab at this portal.
The associated dock device drivers may show in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Device Manager as:
- Display adapters: Targus Docking Station (varies) as 11.2.3146.0
- Network adapters: Targus Ethernet as 11.2.3084.0
- Sound, video, and game controllers: Targus Audio as 11.2.3084.0
- Improved performance in GPU intensive use cases
Issues addressed since 11.0M0 Release
- Improved blanking of monitors on USB disconnects.
- Monitor may stay blank screen after PC resume from sleep.
- EXE package only: Prevent dynamic library sideloading at elevated privilege during installation execution. For more information refer to CVE-2023-4936 and Synaptic Security Advisory CVE-2023-4936.
Validation with Targus Universal Docking Station Utilities
Version 11.2M0 has been put through extensive validation with all applicable Targus Utilities, but not every Targus Utility has been validated with every Targus universal docking station on every Windows 10 or 11 build or platform. Targus always recommends corporations validate the update in their secure corporate environment before mass distribution.
Validation with Legacy Targus Docks
Although they may function with 11.2M0, older DL3900 based Targus Universal Docking Stations models DSUXXX and ACPXXX have not been validated.
For Technical Support, please visit:
US Website: http://targus.com/us/support
Canada Website: http://www.targus.com/ca/support
New Zealand Telephone: 0800-633-222
Latin America Email: firstname.lastname@example.org