Targus Validates DisplayLink 9.1M0 for Windows
Targus has validated the latest release version 9.1M0 (including Targus Universal Docking Station device drivers) for all DisplayLink-based Targus Universal Docking Stations on all version of Windows 7 and 10. The software is available from Support at Targus. (i.e. https://cdn.targus.com/web/us/downloads/NR-143191-LS-2_R9.1_M0_DisplayLink_USB_Graphics_Software_for_Windows_without_SLA.zip )Windows Update for all Targus Universal Docking Stations. Enterprise customers may also download the corporate version INF/MSI files from Targus.com Downloads and Support sites.
The new software is reported as DisplayLink® Core Software (Windows 7) or DisplayLink Graphics Driver 9.1.1462.0 (Windows 10) at Control Panel/All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and in the DisplayLink task tray icon. And the individual devices show in the Device Manager as:
- Network adapters: Targus Ethernet as 9.1.1390.0
- Sound, video, and game controllers: Targus Audio 9.1.1390.0
Display adapters (Windows 10): Targus Docking Station (varies) as 9.1.1449.0
USB Display Adapters (Windows 7): Targus Docking Station (varies) as 9.1.1462.0
- Windows 10 postponed installation: when pushing the MSI to users, the driver (inclusive of Ethernet) will be updated immediately when no DisplayLink product is detected, or at the next machine reboot if a device is detected.
- DL-69xx: Windows 10 alternate encoder with Intel 4th Generation GPU and newer for CPU usage reduction.
- Blank screen(s) on DL-6xxx series in Windows 10 version 19H1.
- Color and greyscale fidelity issues on DL-3xxx/DL-5xxx with some monitors.
- Bug Fixes. A list of all updates in 9.1M0 can be found in the release notes.
Validation with Targus Universal Docking Station Utilities
Version 9.1M0 has been put through a full system test and is suitable for deployment to end-users. It has also been validated with all applicable Targus Utilities. However, not every Targus Utility has been validated with every Targus Universal Docking Station on every Windows build or platform. Please contact your Targus representative or DocKtor with questions.